Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013

Last weeks in school

So school is already out since last monday but I am going to say some words about my last days in high school anyways. It did not feel real that I would leave though! Well so first of all there were loads of banquets and I went to four. The swim banquet, the bowling banquet, the honor banquet and the orchestra banquet. The best one was the orchestra banquet. It was a huge party and everyone was having a good time. Everyone got a silly award and afterward the orchestra teacher gave out serious awards. I got the silly award "most innocent" and the other exchange student in orchestra who is from Denmark and I got a medal for being an exchange student from our teacher:) That was really nice of her! At the honor banquet were just soooo any people and it was for people with academical achievements. I received an award for straight A's. A is a grade in the US. It is 1-2 when one would translate it into the German system, but pretty easy to get an A in every class as long as one tries and studies a little bit. The bowling banquet was alot smaller than the other ones because it is a club and not accepted as a UIL sport. My host sister is in it so we went with the whole family and it was catered by texas Road House so there is no way I would miss that! Texas Road House is my favorite restaurant over here!!! Steak heaven*__* So and the swim banquet was at a golf club and that was nice as well. We just did not get silly awards like at the orchestra banquet, so I and many other people did not get an award. So yeah and by the way banquets are kind of like "Abschlussfeiern" or "End of the School year Parties"... I also got my "Zeugnis" that is really boring and ugly last week. There are just my grades on it and nothing else. I finished with all A's and scored a 98(without extra points) on my US-history final exam what was the best I've ever scored in US history, even though I did not study outside of school very much. Then we had our last orchestra concert may 28th and many seniors cried. It was also the last concert for my orchestra teacher because she is going to retire. Orchetsra was a good class to have and the Orchestra teacher really qualified! We won sweepstakes(the best one can get) all years she taught the orchetsra! And this year we also won another competition in houston and received an award for our band, choir and orchestra together that only two schools in the whole US receive. Plus we were nominated ot of three schools for the best orchetsra in a school musical. Pretty cool how many things you can win over here;) eh and then we ha to do an ensemle with four people together for a "competition" and we got the best we could have gotte: 1 and an award for the best ensemble that played in front of that judge. We were really surprised! But happy and shocked at the same time when our orchstra teachr gave us that special award for the best group the judge had seen the whole day long. So orchestra was really incredibly successful this year! It was awesome to be part of this and thank you so much Dr. G!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen