Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013

I am alive!

Yeah so I haven't posted anythink in a very looooooong time but it really did not feel very long to me. I am going to leave Texas in 10 days and I don't know if I should be sad or happy. It is really bittersweet and scary. I mean in one way it will be really exciting to see my friends again but in another way it will be strange and I have changed soo much that I don't even know what I was like before I came here. I don't even know how to speak German anymore and I don't know what my home is like anymore. Texas is so familiar to me right now and Germany a foreign country. My Mom even answered to my mother's day e-mail "you sound so american". I think that's kind of funny and they told us the same thig at our re-entry orientation. People might tell us that we are so american but it will mostly go away after a while. They also told us that we will adjust again and hopefully keep the good stuff that we learned and get rid of the bad stuff. It will be exciting to be back again because I think I will learn even more about myself that I did not notice before and learn more about Germany that was normal just one year ago. I will miss some things over here but I don't know what exactly I will miss and I think I will that too figure out back in Germany at "home". So yeah I am trying to enjoy my last days over here and trying to figure out presents for my host family and a good way to thank them for the incredible things they've done for me! I cannot do anything to thank them enough or be ever grateful enough but I will do my best to give back the most i can!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen